22 November, 2006

Olympics in Tokyo?

I was going to continue with the economy and women thing from yesterday, but again it started to become a bit complicated in my mind so I think I’ll let my mind rest for a little bit (yay, tomorrow’s a holiday!).

Anyway, so I was looking for some lighter news to write about today and was asking around my colleagues, and one of them told me that a bid committee for 2016 Olympics has been established in Japan to bid the Games to Tokyo. Come to think of it, the governor of Tokyo was talking about it for a long time. I’m not so interested in how much economic impact it brings to the city but am secretly anticipating more access to my website LOL cuz I remember a lot of travelers coming over to Japan when the 2002 FIFA World Cup had been held in Japan.

Putting my secret hopes aside, how high is the possibility of succeeding in bidding it? There may be a lot of venues and transportation means, but perhaps not enough accommodation. Besides, the 2008 Olympics are going to be held in Beijing so I doubt that the 2016 Games would come to a city so close in only 8 years.

Well, I’ve got a Labor Day holiday tomorrow!!
I’ll stop here for today and continue (and hopefully finish up) the topic I started yesterday.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it :-)

No comments: