26 June, 2006

The Timeless Island 2

YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!
France goes to tournament, France goes to tournament!!
Whoh my god, I can’t tell you how nervous I was during the first half of the match! But as a result, all of the players concentrated very well for the goal and scored two precious points. Geez, I was sooo happy Saturday, I must have had this odd grin on my face all day long…

But can’t be happy forever! This is only the beginning of the tournament, and the first enemy of the Frenchmen is the Gran Armada!! This is going to be another match that keeps your heart pounding for 90 minutes. Imagine it, we might be able to see the genius MF duel between Zidane and Xavi…!


Hold it, me, this is going to be another soccer blog :P
I MUST tell you the beauty of the isolated island in the south.

Last Friday I gave my blog the title “The Timless Island” but I realized I hadn’t written anything about time in the sentences. Messed up the structure… soccer…, lol.

Anyway, so we cut through the thick green in the center of the island… and oh my god, I don’t know how to describe the sensation then! Everything I could see, everything that came into my sight was in a zillion shade of gorgeous blue and white. The water, the sky… Gee, I was truly shaken!

The shoreline was so long that I wouldn’t have been surprised at all if somebody told me that this was half of the 12.3-km-perimeter of this island of merely 300 residents.

As I was stunned and lost in words, the daughter of the B&B who brought us to the beach called to us “I’ll be back before sunset” and drove off on the pick-up truck.

For a moment I thought, “What time is sunset?” but it was washed away from my mind by the glamorous waves of the sea that spread in front of me.

I ran across the baking hot sand and splashed into the water. The stinging cold water suddenly wrapped every inch of my skin, and the unique saltiness of the seawater penetrated my body to the bones. By the time I get this deep but comfortable “this is sea” feeling, the heat of the sun piercing through the water takes away the chilliness from me.

What striked me the most was the clarity of the water. It looked clear enough from a distance, from above, but I didn’t know how so clear it was until I dived into it. The clarity almost filled me with awe, and the underwater world that spread below me was vivid with the colors of the coral reef.

Only then I knew why the sea looked like jelly… the same white of the beach continued underneath the water, and that porcelain white bed of sea stretched forever with flowers of coral.

I’m just so sorry that I can’t depict the marvel of this sea with my writing ability… I can’t even express here 1/10 of its beauty.

“Why do you come all the way to Australia whereas you have Kerama in Japan?”

This was a word said by an Aussie to a Japanese who went to Australia to dive, and I got to know this story later but it tells us how famous the beauty of Kerama is worldwide.

When I was swimming in the water off the main island Okinawa, I had fins simply to swim there and not to dive, but this time I was so emotionally moved and was tempted to put on my fins and actually dive to have a closer look at the deeper parts of the sea.

My ears kept popping and I couldn’t breathe in much air in my lungs, but I was coming closer to the white shiny bottom for sure.

I reached the bottom which was about 4 meters deep, flipped around and lied down facing the water surface… and this really strong sense of liberation and strange illusionary feeling hit me right through.

What is this!?

I will never forget that feeling.

I have never in my life felt so close to the nature… it was as though I was inside my mother’s womb again and was feeling that subconsciously. It was a very strange feeling.

I didn’t feel like myself, yet I felt like there was nothing else but me and my individuality, and I felt very warm like someone was wrapping me softly, but again I felt very free.

So, it goes on and on. Are you tired of it?
BTW, the weather today is of course, rain. We have had so much rain since April so it feels like a very long rainy season we’re having this year. Now the front is running wild in Kyushu and it’s like the repetition of Okinawa again all over. I hope it goes away soon…

No comments: