28 June, 2006

The Timeless Island 4

The very first word that was given to me this morning as I entered the office was “congrats!” from one of my seniors. Yes, thank you thank you woohoo All-French!

Like I told you yesterday, because there was no ground wave broadcasting of that match in Japan I couldn’t watch it, but I was too excited to be asleep and I got up at 5:00am… it’s something that rarely happens to me.
So I was like, ok I think the god of soccer wants me to keep my eyes on this match, so I turned on my PC and “watched” live on FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 official web site cuz they have this nice live written reports.
When I started “watching” it was at the end of the second half and was a 1-1 draw so I thought it was going to go into extra time, but then suddenly Vieira scores! Geez, I have never in my life been so excited staring at words and sentences, lol. But soon after that, a yellow card was given to my favorite Zidane, but right after that it said “Goal Zidane”.

??????

I couldn’t comprehend what was going on but I did understand that he threw in another score for France, which at this point was a definitive score for France to proceed to the quarterfinals… and so I screamed even though it was early in the morning.
Then my cell phone suddenly gave a loud ring. Who is this at this time of day?
I wondered for a moment and looked at the display which showed my younger brother’s name. Excitement came back as I got the phone thinking “maybe…”, and just like I thought he shouted at the phone “Oh my god that was risky! Zidane did an awesome job!”

Apparently he had cable so he watched the match live, and all he told me was cries of excitement after excitement. He went, “Holy, I couldn’t sit still on that one!!” and we shared the joy of victory over the phone (fyi my brother is a big fan of Italy) but gradually I grew jealous that he could watch it where I couldn’t so I was like, “hey, didn’t you ever think that your brother might have been asleep?” but he replied “oh that never matters”.

Well I can keep on going forever with France vs. Spain. Like brother like younger brother, huh?

So the All-French are going to play against the champion of champions Brazil next match… but all I can remember is that stunning heading of Zidane’s that lead France to champion in World Cup 1998. I just know it’s going to happen again!!

Okay, let’s go back to the timeless island tomorrow, m(__)m

No comments: