31 July, 2006

Happy out of the rain?

FINALLY the Met Office announced that we have officially gotten rid of the rainy season. It’s said that we’re 10 days behind usual years, but because I felt like we got into it earlier than usual, the impression of my early summer this year is super gloomy and wet.

But that was only until Saturday.
Yesterday we had a super nice breeze in Tokyo: it was dry and hot but was a very nice summer day with a lot of sun. So much sun that it felt like a waste to stay inside. So I got my futon out in the sun, and oooh, I can’t tell you how comfortably I slept last night XD

Even then, evenings and mornings are rather cool – it even felt cold wearing half sleeves – and today it wasn’t as hot during the day either. Bummer, if it’s so cool in the morning and night, it can get a bit hotter during the only time I get to step outside in open air. I basically love summer so I’m okay with heat... that is to say, daytime heat. I can’t sleep on hot and humid nights.

As I declared last time, Saturday I was going to go to this summer event held by a TV broadcasting station in Odaiba and the fireworks at Sumidagawa, but because one of the members I was meeting up with came super late, we were running out of time and couldn’t go see the fireworks...

Still, I tried to watch it from a boat from Odaiba but it was surprisingly far and I could barely catch a glimpse of it. So I have no pictures that I can share with you and I’m really upset about that.

I was about to write about this news about “how happy are you?” and how happy the Japanese people are about their (or our) lives, but couldn’t get my thoughts together so I’ll save that for tomorrow. Seeya!

No comments: