25 May, 2006

The Day I was Born

Today was, or is, my birthday. Last night my good friends threw me a birthday party and kindly celebrated the day I was born.

Friendship is a lifelong treasure, isn't it? I really really appreciated their kindness.

My mom gave me an e-mail today. It said, "My tiny little boy is now.... Time really flies" and I was deeply moved by this line. To my parents, I believe all these years must have been an instant. They must have a lot of memories in their minds from when I was little, when I was cute.

Years and years back when I was a tiny kid, I was of course immature in many ways and when I try to remember the ways of thinking and feelings back then, I can't really do it cuz the memory and emotions can't find a good balance. But my parents then were great big adults as they are now, so I guess they can find their balance between memories and emotions.

There's a saying in Japan, "There are no parents when you want to be dutiful to them." It means that only after you've become a parent you get to know the feelings and hardships of having and raising children which make you realize the appreciation for your own parents. By that time, though, your parents are not in this world (well you know, people didn't live long when the saying was made), so it means that you'd better be appreciative and dutiful to your parents from when you're young.

I'm here because my parents gave birth to me, and I can appreciate this very special birthday only because my parents gave birth to me.

I believe that I had been loved by my parents all the time and I believe I'm still being loved very much.
For this reason I would like to remember this appreciation forever and had I become a parent one day, pass on this love to my own children.

I was going to write about fashion stuff, but I was getting really emotional, so this is it for today.

No comments: