22 May, 2006

Spending Weekends

Well I'm not really finished with the Japanese "oyakusoku" thing but I don't feel like writing about it now so I'll just write a plain diary.

Although I rigidly stick to daily updates on Japan Mode, I still take the weekend off. This past weekend we had fairly nice weather. Saturday we had a gorgeous weather for most of the day... the highs were up to something like 28C and it was so sunny and nice, but in the late afternoon the sky suddenly turned greenish yellowish grey and then we had pouring rain, but then it stopped and I could see a beautiful rainbow. We say autumn weather is vagary, but I'd say May weather can be as vagary.

My colleagues came over to my house Friday night and naturally we were up all night, so I slept through all these weather changes without being annoyed at all. I slept really tight and comfortably...I believe it's one of the universal happinesses, right, to sleep without worries?

Yesterday an old friend of mine called me up and so we were in Shinjuku for a while. When I go out with that particular friend, the routine is always the same. First we go into one of the huge electronics store and talk about our dream computers and appliances. Then we move on to this hobby shop and look at the games and toys, then to this apparel department store called Marui Men --- all we do here is to jeer at how expensive they are ---, stop by at a bookstore, and go for dinner. Most likely this pattern, and yesterday was no exception :-)

The following weekend I'd probably head to Shibuya or Shimokitazawa alone walking among second-hand clothing (hey they're extremely popular here) with only the images of "wicked expensive" clothes I saw in Marui Men.

No comments: