26 May, 2006

Lady's Fashion Magazine vol.2

Since today's not my birthday anymore I'll continue with lady's fashion in Japan.

SO, JJ. Like CanCam had a special gift (or a booklet) attached, JJ had one too. The title of the attached booklet was "THE BOOK! Get to know everything about celebs overseas!" hmmm... well the title says everything I guess. Come to think of it, yesterday I saw some young worker sticking her face into the same book on the train on my way back from work.

The reason this booklet featured on overseas celebs is probably because celebs like Holiwood people are really popular in Japan not only because they're big people but also because they're fashionable people. This book had Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Beyonce and others. They're all rich people right? Even though the readers of the magazine are not exactly rich like them, their styles are something girls admire a lot these days.

As for the main magazine itself, the concept for this month's issue says "simpretty." It's a combined word of simple and pretty and I assume that's the concept. Be pretty with simple stuff, huh? Specifically, you dress yourself with simple and basic items and add a hint of pretty stuff like accessory or something.

The other section, just like CanCam, was on "mote" and this one said "the faces guys want to have as girlfriends". Well...

So okay, maybe I'll pick up on the crazy craze "mote" that guys and girls are all crazy about. Until that time, I'm just going to take some rest from this blog, a couple of weeks I think, introducing to you some Japanese "days". Japan Mode will be updated regularly.

No comments: