08 September, 2006

The (explanation of the )Village of Shirakawago

will be shortened cuz I’m super busy and just can’t manage to find myself the time to go into details.
My bad, I am so sorry for those who’d been looking forward to it.

So, well.

I hear it’s the best to visit the village in the wintertime when the snow is deep deep deep.
The traditional Japanese wooden houses have very dark brown colors, so the color contrast between the housed and the white snow (and the snow is really white here cuz it’s in the mountrains) is amazingly beautiful. I have seen it on TV and in pictures, and surely it is wonderful.
Want to visit there sometime. I also heard on a TV show that you can spend a night in those World Heritage houses. Cool.

I hadn’t really revealed yesterday that I have never been there. There are so many places in this country that I’ve never been to or don’t even know about, even though it’s rather a small country as compared to many others around the world. I guess that means there’re lots for me to enjoy in this small country.

No comments: