02 October, 2006

The Okinawa Night

On our way back towards Naha from Sesoko, I searched for the night’s accommodation using Internet on my cell phone. It could’ve been any decent hotel, but for some reason I looked for a cheap dormitory type of room. I didn’t notice then, but as I reflect upon my feelings and attitude at that time, I was probably like “if I can’t go to the island, I don’t care where I stay. And if I’m staying somewhere away from the island, the cheaper the better.”

Soon I found this dormitory accommodation called Andon located along Kokusai Street – that’s the central commercial/tourist street in Naha – and they said that there was room if all of us stayed in one room, so we decided to head there.

We parked out car in a small coin parking lot right nearby. The place looked new... actually, brand new since I could see traces of unfinished construction. The owner was a very calm person and I liked him a lot.

Quite honestly, I don’t remember what we did or what happened after that. I was exhausted – not so much physically but I sure did receive a critical blow from the typhoon and not being able to even reach the island that I longed for two years. With the physical fatigue of swimming as much as I could, I guess I hit the bed.

This Okinawa series that I’d been continuing for a while, has finally reached the end of the FIRST DAY. Unbelievable myself how slow and long I’m doing this. I’m moving on to the second day of my trip from tomorrow anyways. Better speed up a bit, neh?

No comments: