27 February, 2006

Attention! Change in School Rules

Title: Regarding the shift of school regulations in all schools in Japan

note: forward this e-mail to at least three people you know.

1. Inform the school beforehand when coming all naked.
2. Two tardies are three tardies.3. One violence in school equals two tardies.
4. Victory poses are basically prohibited.
5. Bald-heads should behave modestly.
6. "Tanaka" is basically not allowed.
7. No constructions of dams are allowed except for family reasons.
8. Do not get into battle mode unless necessary.
9. Average temperature should be 36.0C.
10. Girls in ganguro are to be kicked out, guys are grounded when the hair is too long.

This is all. Be sure to keep the rules.

This is a new kind of chain mail (spam?) going around among junior-high students lately.
I think this one is loaded with uniquely Japanese humor. So Japanese.

Who in the world can understand the humor of rule #7 unless you know every details of Japan?
#6 is pretty harsh too, TANAKA is like the 3rd most common family name in Japan, lol.

I don't know how strict school regulations are around in the world, but Japan is probably pretty famous for having unbelievably strict rules.
But even though many people fuss about it, a lot actually stick to the rules.

I'm one of those who never went beyond the lines. I was such a good boy.Although, I kept the rules cuz I felt something like aesthetics in keeping the rules. You know, I believed that I looked pretty cool having my books packed in neatly in my square bag when many others trash and break their bags. I seriously thought that that's the real outlaw.

The spirit (although it may be rather selfish) is still rooted inside me.
I don't want to be a mere WANNABE-OUTLAW!!

Isn't it the real individuality?
Don't Japanese fully understand that point?
...Well, I don't know how much I myself understand that.

Oh, You can ask me questions if you don't understand the rules.

No comments: