21 February, 2006

Tears from White Rice


Food tastes really good after stomatitis is cured. I eat more than usual to fill up the hunger from when I couldn't eat as much.

I think I can call myself a "genuine" Japanese, and so I love steaming white rice, but there's this symptom that appears whenever I eat white rice and I have to say that I'm quite puzzled by this. It started 5 or 6 years ago, and it always happens when I eat white rice ALONE, IN MY ROOM. It's not that I'm sad or suffering something. Emotionally speaking I get the same feeling like when I'm deeply moved, but it's not that I'm overwhelmed.

Well, although I cry it's not really crying. It's only like my eyes getting a bit wet with tears so no biggie. But I do wonder what's happening to me. Anyone get the same symptom? Was I so poor in my previous life that I get so happy when I eat white rice?

The worst situation is when I have white rice while some moving program is on TV. You know, I'm already half crying with the TV show and rice... it just pushes out the tears from my eyes. If I go watch some moving film to a movie theater with rice as lunch... wow, imagine it. I'd be crying a river that I myself can become the object of entertainment.

So, does this mean that I'm moved by rice? It doesn't happen with any other food. Not with side dishes and not with bread. Hmm.

I think I'm getting hungry now. Maybe some white rice?

No comments: