14 February, 2006

Blog, Blogging, Blogger!?

Besides the Jblog we have on our web site Japan Mode, I started my own blog on this Blogger, which I think is a part of google service. But this Blogger is quite a rascal: I have to refer to other resources for trackback and RSS and all those optional stuff.

The usual Japanese blogging service is provided by major ISPs and you can usually get 1GB capacity for free and is very very rich in customizing tools, so I searched for english based bloggers with similar conditions but found out that they’re pretty much all fee-based! Damn, I have to say I’m quite disappointed :-I

Is it too much to ask for no trouble in adding trackback and RSS feed? Or what about plenty of capacity and easy photo upload?

In Japan I think that there’s a common understanding that most Internet services are FREE. Or at least if you want to attract users you have to make it FREE. No one would even look at any service that takes even JPY100 (that’s less than US$1).
There’s this Internet TV provider called “GYAO” which unfortunately is still only available within Japan, and even though they show programs and movies, all services are free and they don’t even have plans of making it fee-based. All you have to do is to register.

Is this something unique to Japanese? Is this only Japanese common understanding?
Those of you out there who own blogs, I would appreciate some comments on this topic.

Or introduce to me some really good, handy and useful blog providers (which of course, are free).
Gee I need some help on this.

No comments: