08 February, 2006

Down Jacket on a Sunny Day?

First-time visitors to this blog, welcome!!I am one of the writers of JapanMode, a portal website introducing Japan to the world.
I'm going to start something like my personal diary here, so come see what my life is like, and maybe leave some comments :-)

So it's been chilly for the past two days, but today it's quite warm and sunny. I feel like going out a bit. But the thing is that, because I didn't check the weather forecast I came out with a down jacket. Can't regret more... I guess I need to check it out every morning...
Speaking of weather forecast, I suppose the style which weather marks and barometrical pressure lines appear on maps is the most common.I heard somewhere that this style was brought into Japan by a staff from NHK (the Japanese national broadcasting center) who was impressed by the American weather forecast when he went to the States.
That was about half century ago from now, and even though the people's lifestyles have changed dramatically in many places many ways, this weather forecast style hasn't changed that much. Quite impressive, but don't you think it's about time for a weather forecast revolution? I'm sure many of you would agree with me, that "it may rain here and here at ...o'clock" doesn't matter as much as, "it's going/ not going to rain on you today."
Some time ago, some TV program suggested a new style of weather forecast with a unique design. This show looked at mobile phones, which is something most if not all Japanese people own these days, and suggested a "personal forecast".
Now, where did this personal forecast go, I don't know. But I dear hope there comes a new and reliable type of weather forecast so that I won't have to make the same mistake again.

No comments: