21 April, 2006

A film on udon!?

Heyhey, hold the phone, a movie on udon!? How can you do that without inviting me to the board???

Uh, for those who are unfamiliar with udon, see here => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udon
So anyway, why this news makes me go crazy is because I'm from the land of udon, Sanuki. Sanuki is the old name for the present day Kagawa Prefecture, and as everybody in the country knows its THE land of udon.

Sanuki udon is excellent, of course (you MUST try it), and because of its brand Sanuki udon eatouts are extremely popular in Tokyo, too. As I wrote, I was born there so naturally I grew up with the most delicious udon in the world. I can even say that my baby bath was water used to boil udon! JK.

Newayz, I can't stop talking about udon once I start so I think I won't.
So this movie, it's going to be directed by the same director AND the producer as the biggest domestic hit Odoru Daisosasen which makes me really excited!

For a person like me who wants to someday become a film director, it's umbelievable that this project is going on without me in it, but just because the director Motohiro is from Sanuki like me, I think won't fuss about it anymore :P

Click here http://www.udon.vc/ for the official site of "UDON". It's all in Japanese but you can just enjoy the pix of udon appearing one after another :-)

No comments: