28 April, 2006

Golden Week right there!!

I already wrote about it on "Made in Japan" in Japan Mode yesterday but I think I'll write here too that the entire country (with some exceptions :P) is about to dive into the Golden Week as we call it. It's a weeklong May holiday and this year if you take off just a couple of days of work you can get a 9-day weekend!! ('m not sure if you even call that a "weekend")

Unfortunately my holiday isn't that long... I have to work on both the 1st and the 2nd :(
It's about time for me to head south to Okinawa. Man, it must be so nice there this time of year! Wanna swim in that clear blue water.

Okinawa is the southernmost prefecture of Japan and I think it belongs to the sub-tropical climate zone? It used to be a Kingdom apart from Japan and the islands still retain a lot of its unique culture, customs, language and life. It's an exotic and fascinating place for the people living in the rest of the country, especially for those in the northern half. It's Japan but isn't like the rest...time passes slowly and life is tranquil.

There are many Japanese like me who are strongly attracted to the southern islands, and I hear it's becoming a little boom among some people to move to Okinawa and live there for the rest of their lives.
I, of course would absolutely LOVE to move there and spend everyday diving and swimming. Well, my ultimate dream I guess.

I can't go there this Golden Week, but I am definitely going to step on the land by the end of 2006, so be prepared Okinawa, I am coming!

I can write a looong report here and/or on Japan Mode about Okinawa when I do go.

No comments: