18 April, 2006

Oh no, not again...

Um, is it only that I lack a sense of season? Some weeks or months ago (when I'm pretty sure I hadn't started this blog here on blogspot) I wrote that I accidentally wore a down jacket to work on a really nice 'n warm day and had a tough sweaty day.

Big surprise, I did it again. Although, it's the opposite this time.
Today I came out in a T-shirt and a thin jacket, and naturally took off the jacket in office that naturally made in T-shirt and blue jeans.
Before long I felt something wrong with my nose... and then I realized I got a bit of a runny nose... it was chilly. It was damn chilly.
I mean, the weather forecast said that the highs are gonna be as warm as 23C! That's almost summer you know! Why the hell am I so bad about this?
Well it's not me, it's the weather that's to be blamed! So cold for days and suddenly warm, and then you get cheated by the forecast and all that... gimme a break!

This morning on the news I heard that NY is getting more springlike, warmer and warmer. Now, I have one question here.
I feel like so many Western people here in Tokyo (I dunno if they live here or just on vacation, doesn't matter anyway) are stronger against cold weather/ temperature than many Tokyoaites. Like say, there's a day when the majority of Japanese people are wearing at least two pieces of long sleeved clothes (eg a shirt and a jacket) but then a white guy goes cruising down the street in a T-shirt.
The news of spring in NY said that the outside temperature there was 18C. People there were wearing short-sleeved Ts. Saying so, I started to feel like I came out in a T-shirt BECAUSE I saw that on TV. Today's high in the end was something like 18.

Are Japanese originally more weak against cold as compared to western people?

I don't think I can spend an 18C-day in a T-shirt.

No comments: