23 March, 2006

Could Yellow get any yellower!?

"Hey, aren't your hands super yellow?" said one of my co-workers the other day.

"Do you think so?" I replied sticking out my hands to him as we compared our hands.

"...!!" Indeed, mine looked super yellow.

"Jesus, this is what you call yellow... gross." I said to myself. This was the first time when I realized how yellow my hands are.

Hmmm, is this telling me that maybe I have jaundice?
I suddenly grew immensely worried so I looked up on the Internet what the jaundice symptoms are like, and this is what I found out:

- Jaundice is the status in which the blood vein carries excessive amount of yellow pigment "bilirubin"
- mass production of bilirubin... hemolysis/ blood infusion
- reduced processing ability of bilirubin... deterioration of liver functioning (leads to hepatitis)
- reduced excretion ability of bilirubin... blockage of biliary tract (leads to stones and cancer)

wow wow wow wow, hang on a minute. This doesn't sound any good. Let's see, hepatitis, bilestone, cancer... some of the worst names you'd like to hear, huh?
But why is it? I don't drink at all and I don't remember eating and drinking excessively either. I do keep irregular hours to some extent due to work, but still I think I'm getting enough sleep.
Why? What's this naughty little thing that's trying to make me even more yellower?

...is it the Chocola BB (vitamin supplement) that I've been taking for my stomatitis

The left is my hand, and the right of an ordinary Japanese.
Can you see that the colors are totally different??

No comments: