06 March, 2006

Fashion Show

I went to see the Kobe Collection (it's a huge fashion show) held in Yokohama yesterday. (URL-Japanese Site)
I actually wanted to write a special edition on my web site Japan Mode, but I wasn't allowed to take any photos so I thought I'd write here some of my impressions of the show.

Well my first impression as soon as I got there was, "girls..."
Man, I can't tell you what the air was like there. I mean, even the audience there were all like fashion models, all dressed up in the latest fashion, hair set neatly, perfect make-up... Of course, it's a fashion show so I understand that girls would definitely want to dress up in their best mode, but even then... whew
I bet friends and co-workers of the models were also there, so some of them must have been real fashion models. I have to say that the atmosphere was so gay - I dunno how to put this - flashy, elegant, fashionable... it was a totally different world from my daily life. I almost felt daunted. (Well I got a feast for my eyes though, lol)

Anyway.
The fashion models were sooo beautiful. The main models included those from the popular fashion magazine JJ and there was also Natsuki Kato whom I see on TV quite often these days. She was very cute.
They all had unbelievably long legs and they were coming down the stage in this "model walk" (or whatever the name is) and they were like right in front of me... boy was I excited.
How the hell can they walk like that? Do they have an extra joint or what!?

The show as a whole was really an artistic one and I think it was really well-made. Some major brands had really nice shows, especially "Chesty" and "MERCURYDUO". They've done a perfect job making full use of the visuals and the images and collaboration projects, making a clear difference from the other brands.

Afterall, the most important point is undoubtedly the designs of the clothings and how to make them look the best on stage. The models only help make them look the most impressive, and most of the energy is put into that very point. It's pretty tough I think. Besides the designs, each brand has to express the difference from each other. I once again felt that showbiz is a really tough industry.

Other than that, all I could think of that day was about the beauty of the fashion models.
In fact, I must admit that that was the only thing my eyes were fixed on during the entire show.

No comments: