03 March, 2006

iiTage JUMP fever

The "iiTage JUMP", a really simple game in which you make this character jump over the holes, has been showing a pretty big craze within my office since its launch last Friday on Japan Mode.

Qualities of the visual images - from TVs to computers to games to everything - are becoming finer and more beautiful each second these days, but these really simple games using FLASH show unexpectedly high popularity still. Or maybe, they're popular because they're simple.

So anyway, this JUMP game is pretty popular but I have to come up with a new game (yes, it's Friday and I have to update the game) which is more fun than the JUMP. The pressure I feel from my co-workers is actually pretty big, lol.

Although, because I have practically no exprience in programming games so what I do is to borrow materials from web sites providing free program sources, changing the design to suit my web site.
But then of course, materials for good games aren't easily found for free so I really have to search around for something I want. It takes so much time that I sometimes do feel like I might as well study and make one myself. I hear that those kind of sources are more commonly provided around the world, but not as much in Japan.

Well...

And even after I finally find one, I have to start fussing around with that source, and that really gives me a hard time, too. So I go knocking around my co-workers' (they're all SEs) desks bugging their own jobs, get their help and finally complete one.

That's how the games on my site are made.
Today's update is "iiTage NINJA". Come try it out :-D

Oh, and if you have any recommended sites offereing free program sources, please please tell me!
I'm pretty desperate.

No comments: